A Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix is one of the most preferred breeds because of its unique look and appearance.
The Blue Nose is one of the most striking features of this mixed breed. Their look can be compared to that of the pitbull, but it is more similar to the Rottweiler.
These mix-breeds are usually large in size and weigh between 60 lbs to 100 lbs. They stand at the height of 13 inches to 20 inches, making them great pets, especially for children.
However, these dogs are highly territorial and protective, making them great pets for all the family members.
- 1 Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix History
- 2 Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Appearance
- 3 Breed Temperament
- 4 Breed Temperament With Kids
- 5 Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Price
- 6 Breed Common Health Issues
- 7 Training Guide for Breed
- 8 Exercise Guide for Breed
- 9 Top Characteristics Of Mix
- 10 Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Lifespan
Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix History
Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix is one of the popular breeds. They were developed by two dog enthusiasts who wanted to create a breed.
That will have the characteristics of both pitbull and Rottweiler. The Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix was first bred in the year 2012. But they were not recognized as a breed until six years later, when they began gaining popularity.
Today, this breed is one of the most preferred breeds within families because of their great looks, excellent nature and friendliness with people.
Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Appearance
They are usually large-sized dogs with a height ranging between 13 inches to 20 inches with an average weight of 60 lbs to 100 lbs depending on the gender.
Mix Breed has a large head similar to that of Rottweilers, but it has small round eyes like those found on pit bulls.
They have small ears, which are usually cut when they are puppies. Their coat is rough, short, and usually black in colour, with some grey patches around their shoulders.
They also have a thick tail similar to that of Rottweiler’s, but it is carried high, unlike the latter.
The Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix breed dogs are highly protective, which means you need to train them. This is because to ensure the safety of your family members, especially children.
However, they are friendly to people, making them good pets for all the adults in the house, not minding whether you have kids or not.
This breed of dog is easy to handle since it has an even nature. The breed is also well known for its good guarding instincts that make it difficult for strangers.
If you are looking for a pet that will protect your family, this breed is the best option for you because they are highly territorial and will not hesitate to attack anyone who tries to hurt their family members.
Breed Temperament With Kids
The breed is great with children and other pets and good for first-time owners but needs to be trained because it tends to become overprotective.
This is not the breed for everyone, so make sure you do your research before getting one.
The Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix is a hybrid that results from breeding the American Pit Bull Terrier with the Rottweiler.
Although there are unconfirmed reports of these dogs being bred with local dogs of various breeds in Europe.
This breed is not always predictable and often depends on whether you want to breed for the pitbull appearance, the Rottweiler appearance, or a combination of both.
Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Price
They cost around $1000 -$2500 when they are puppies depending on their age and the breeders, so it is important to be wary of the scammers who sell them at a higher price than usual.
However, if you want to buy this breed of dog at a lower price, some rescues usually have their dogs up for sale just in case you do not want to go through the hustles of buying from a breeder.
Prices for Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix puppy may vary from area to area. Please check your local breeder forums.
Breed Common Health Issues
The Rotpit is usually very healthy and has few serious health problems. However, some may experience hip dysplasia, especially if they are not fed correctly during their growing years.
You should make sure you have a good contract with the seller of your puppy regarding health guarantees.
Training Guide for Breed
The Rotpit is usually very intelligent and eager to learn. Training may go smoothly with most dogs as long as you are patient.
- Sometimes this dog can be stubborn, so it is recommended to use positive reinforcement techniques rather than punishment-based strategies. Once you have established authority, your Rotpit will respect and obey you without hesitation.
- This breed is not for everyone due to its high energy levels. If you are looking for a dog that will spend most of the day sleeping by your feet, you should look at other breeds or crossbreeds.
- Most Rotpits do well in agility training, flyball and other dog sports that require lots of running and endurance.
- This breed is also very active, so he enjoys going for long walks or jogs. Some owners also train their dogs to do other activities such as obedience or agility competitions.
- Your Rotpit may enjoy doing even more than the average dog because of his high energy levels.
Exercise Guide for Breed
The Rotpit usually wants to be around his family most of the time, which means he needs many exercises.
Especially once he gets up to about a year old, if you do not have the time or energy for this dog, you should find him a new home where he can get the attention and exercise he needs.
The Rottie Bull requires a dominant master. If there are no clear cut limits set, he may become overprotective of his family.
This dog does not need a large yard, but you should provide him with plenty of exercises, or he will become bored, which can lead to destructive behaviour such as tearing up your furniture.
Top Characteristics Of Mix
In some cases, these dogs have been bred with other breeds. Some people seem bent on creating new breeds from existing ones.
This resulted in some exciting-looking mixes that are not purebreds and do not have a particular set of characteristics common to the original breeds.
The Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler mix is usually called “Rotpit” but also goes by other names, including “Blue nosed American pitbull” and “Rottie Bull”. While these dogs may have certain peculiarities, their main characteristic is that they are quite loyal and generally very good with children.
• Pitbull Rottweiler mix is adventurous and energetic
• Lifespan can range from 10-14 years
• Breed like to be alert, watchful and active
• Rotpit make excellent guard dogs
• They get along best with other dogs, cats and children
• Pitbull Rottweiler mix needs a home with a large fenced-in yard
• Moderate activity is needed
• Heat tolerance for summer is a must
• They are smart and quick to learn, which makes training easy
• Mix breed is loyal and affectionate
Blue Nose Pitbull Rottweiler Mix Lifespan
Their average lifespan ranges between 8 years to 12 years. With proper training and care, if you want them to live long, ensure your train them well at an early age.
They usually have issues like elbow dysplasia or eye problems that need regular checkups by the vet.
Other than their health issues, there are no other diseases that can affect this dog breed since they are healthy and hardy.