Teaching a command to pet Especially Sit On Command, is one of the most rewarding things in Your Dog life.
They provide company, unconditional love and become an important part of your family.
To get the most out of your furry friend, you must spend time training them.
One way to do this is by teaching them how to sit on command.
Teaching a dog how to stay in one spot when needed can be an essential life-saving skill in some situations.
How to Teach Your Dog to Sit on Command
One of the most important things that you should teach your Rottweiler is how to sit on command.
This is a decision that many owners make when they are about to go outside with their own pup, but it has other applications too.
Teaching your dog how to stay in one spot when you need them to can be an essential life-saving skill in some situations.
Teach Your Pup this Basic Command By Using the Following Steps:
1. Find a good spot for your pup to sit
2. Get them used to sit there by praising and rewarding them when they do it right
3. Once they are comfortable with that, move the treat closer to their nose so that they have to lean forward to eat it
4. Put the treat on the ground and wait until your dog sits down before you give them a reward or praise
5. Gradually increase the difficulty of this command by having your pup stay seated longer each time before giving them a reward or praise, as well as increasing how far away from you they need to be before getting praised or given a treat
6. Sit in front of your pup and put treats at various distances to your pup to teach them eye contact and how to stay seated even when you are out of their line of sight
With enough time and practice, your dog should become well trained in this area. Rottweilers will learn any command if they feel like it is part of a game, so training with treats is extremely effective.
Your pup will be able to learn how to do many actions, including staying in one place when you tell them so. This is an essential life-saving skill that can be used when your Rottweiler has gone out of sight, and you need them to stay in place while attempting to locate them or if they are in a situation where they need to stay put for their own safety.
4 Steps to Teach Your Rottweiler Sit on Command Fast
1. Show the pup what you want them to do and say “sit” while gently pushing their rump down for them, so they get the idea.
2. Move your hand away from their backside while keeping eye contact and saying “sit” over and over until they understand.
3. Keep doing this for roughly a week, refining the command every time they obey it.
4. Finally, when your pup understands your hand motion and word combination, send them to another place in the room (or outside on their own if you can) and go over to their original place. When they arrive, praise them with extra special treats or a belly rub for being such a good pup. If they don’t listen, repeat the steps above until you get it right again.
Sit: Put your dog in a sitting by moving towards their rump and gently pushing down on them to make their bottom meet the ground.
Eye contact: Keeping your focus on the object at all times, staring it down as if you were a hungry predator and they were your prey.
Belly rub: A common way of praising your pup for being a good boy or girl, rubbing their stomach from side to side.
Praise: Speaking positively towards the object in an upbeat tone. A good way to show your support and love for what they have done right.
Special treat: Food that will not make them sick, such as a small piece of meat.
I hope this guide will help you to teach basic sit on command commands.